Shoot Prep List & Tips
Retro Pinup Shoots each have their own specific look and feel. For your pictures to fit with that look and feel there are a handful of things you’ll need you to do. It’s a lot of information to take in, so most of all be ready to have a good time! These shoots are always lots of fun. I’m really looking forward to meeting and working with you. As always please call me with any questions you may have about the shoot.
Prep the Look!
- Come with clean dry hair (don’t wash the day of) and bare faced.
- Get a good night sleep before the shoot! If you aren’t well rested it will show in your pictures.
- Drink plenty of water for several days prior to shoot day. Hydrated skin looks best.
- Eat before the shoot. Please keep it on the non-greasy side.
- Shave, pluck and wax anywhere that might show in your shots. Please don’t do same day waxing though! You don’t want to be red or swollen from the waxing in your pictures.
- If you dye your hair do it several days before the shoot. You don’t want to have any staining on your face or neck from the dye. Also it makes your hair difficult to work with if it’s done the night before.
- Paint your nails fingernails and toenails if you plan to wear open toe shoes! I do not photoshop nails.
- Moisturize your body really well especially your knees, elbows and any other dry patches.
- Wear a shirt that either buttons up the front or has a wide neck so you don’t mess up your hair when you change into your outfit.
- Remember to look into Pinup images on your own. One of the best ways to prepare for your shoot is to practice in front of the mirror. This will help you to see what sorts of poses and facial expressions you may want to utilize in your pictures. I will help you with posing too but nothing beats looking at pictures for inspiration and ideas and practicing what you see in the mirror
What to Bring
- Bring false eyelashes: Full, black lashes are best for this. If you squint when you smile please get thinner lashes. They sell them in most drug stores and at cosmetic counters. We may not use these, please bring them just in case.
- Liquid or Cream Foundation that matches your natural skin tone. If you need help selecting the correct shade, stop by Mac or any cosmetic counter and ask for assistance.
- Bring pinup/vintage inspired wardrobe pinupgirlclothing.com is great for reference. I will need you to send me a picture of your wardrobe choices prior to the shoot so I can give you the thumbs up on your selections. If you plan to purchase an outfit specifically for the shoot please send me a link before you buy it so I can tell you if it will work for a pinup style theme.
- Shoes: Remember to bring your “period style” shoes. Target, Payless, and Charlotte Russe are local stores that have a great selection of retro inspired shoes.
- If you need to purchase stockings most of your chain department stores carry them. Even Target & Amazon carry some now. The stockings you get will depend on what you’re going to wear. Also be sure to double check the color before you buy them.
Day of Information
- Show up on time and ready to shoot. The studio is rented by the hour and your deposit reserves the time. If you are more than 15 minutes late your shoot may need to be rescheduled and you will lose your deposit, so please call ahead.
- Guests: don’t bring one if you don’t absolutely have too. You must talk to me ahead of time if you need to bring someone.
- Bring your remaining balance payment either in cash or money order. I do not accept personal checks. Bring cash if you’d like to tip the hair and makeup artist or purchase additional edits each additional edit is $15 (gratuity isn’t required but is always appreciated!)
For hair and makeup, please be sure to fill out the makeup form below. If you have any questions about your hair or makeup please feel free to ask. I will need a recent head shot of you sent to me ASAP so the stylist can better plan your look.
Model Release & Liability Waiver
For good and valuable consideration herein acknowledged as received and by signing this release I (the client) hereby give the Photographer and Assigns my permission to license the images and to use the images in any Media for any purpose (except pornographic or defamatory) which may include, among others, advertising promotion, marketing and packaging for any products or services. I agree that the images may be combined with other images, text/graphics, cropped, altered or modified. By signing this waiver the client agrees that she/he consented to the creation and production of these images and that she/he understands and agrees that her/his images may appear on the photographers website, in printed materials, in promotional materials and advertisements (including but not limited to electronic media and prints) and in complied works (ie. books, and calendars) made by the photographer and or One Stop Pinup and assigns.
Photographer retains the rights to all images regardless of whether or not the shoot was for hire. I agree that I have no rights to the images, and all rights to the images belong to the Photographer and Assigns. I acknowledge and agree that I have no further right to additional Consideration or accounting and that I will make no further claim for any reason to Photographer and or Assigns. I acknowledge and agree that this release is binding upon my heirs and assigns. I agree that this release is irrevocable, worldwide and perpetual and will be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia and the United States of America. I understand and agree that I may not edit, Photoshop or add graphics to any of these images. Neither shall anyone other than the photographer and or One Stop Pinup edit or Photoshop the images on my behalf. I also agree to use only the images designated as “web copy” online.
I represent and warrant that I am at least 18 years of age and have full legal capacity to execute this release and waiver. I acknowledge and agree that I do not have any physical and/or mental limitation or disabilities that would limit or prevent me from participating in this activity. I release, discharge and promise not to sure or pursue any other legal action against the owner, participants, assigns, business associates, representatives, consultants, on-location site owners and employee’s of One Stop Pinup (operation under this or any other name) for any liability for loss, damage or injury (including death) to my person or property resulting from or during my participation in this activity. I understand that no one shall participate in or observe a Shoot without first signing this waiver/release.